Sunday, August 02, 2009

Mabel's Fairy Doily

There are two things that stand out in my mind as highlights of my career as a designer:
The first was having one of my designs published.
The second is realizing someone actually crocheted one of my designs. I LOVE to see pictures of things you talented folks have made from my patterns- it is such a thrill to see what you have done with them.
Last week, Mabel sent me a picture of the Flower Garden Fairy Doily that she had made. She has displayed it in such a wonderful way. Here is what she says about it:
"I purchased a shadowbox and mounted the doily in the center. I added various flowers and leaves and some butterflies around it. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it from friends and relatives."
I understand why, Mabel, it is gorgeous. I love the pansies!
If you have crocheted one of my patterns and would like to share it, please let me know at: bellacrochet.info@yahoo.com
I would love to see what you have created!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks nice framed!

Faith said...

It looks lovely framed. I have one I would like to frame and hang, but
I am not sure how I should proceed.
I purchased some sticky board for
needlepoint projects...I am leary to do this...would you have any suggestions as to how to do this.?

Thank you
Faith

crochethuahua said...

It looks so pretty in the frame. What a great idea!

MorganMagic said...

I really hope that one day I can send you a picture of 'my' harvest moon doily - you might need to be patient, but you can have some hope too ;-)

this fairy doily is so beautiful, and she made it extra special

Ann said...

She did a good job, didn't she, Chiclet?

This is a very good question, Faith, and one I am going to do some checking into. I also would like to display some of my doilies this way. I have an idea how I might do it, but I want to check it out before I post about it. I would hate to steer anyone wrong!
Crochethuahua, I'll bet you have got some doilies that would look great displayed this way!
I can't wait to see your doily when you get it done, Morgan! I know it will be worth the wait!